Home Health Aide Dos and Don’ts
Here are a few tips to follow when you are working as a home health aide. Following these simple rules will help you to provide the best possible care for your patient and will solidify a long lasting relationship with your agency.
- Report all changes in your patient’s status to the nurse and your agency.
- Ask someone if you have a question regarding your patient.
- Follow your patient’s care plan.
- Call your agency if you are unsure about anything.
- Get to work on time and accurately document your time.
- Follow your agencies’ rules regarding dress code and conduct.
- Make sure to keep your physical and in-services up to date.
- Treat your patients roughly.
- Rush through patient care.
- Smoke in the patient’s home.
- Create conflict in the work place.
- Use profanity.
- Wear perfume and dangling jewelry.
- Borrow or accept any money.
- Speak to anyone about the patient’s condition your supervisor or those directly involved in the patients care.