Operating Room Registered Nurse Job in Manhattan, NY
Horizon Healthcare Staffing has many available job openings for an OR Registered Nurse in Manhattan, New York. We are currently offering full time positions, but if you prefer per diem, we can accommodate you as well. If you are an Operating Room RN Registered Nurse with current or recent experience in the operating room, and are looking to continue with your Registered Nurse RN career with a company that values quality nursing, apply for this job.
We offer every OR RN Registered Nurse the highest possible pay per assignment so you get the most out of any position.
When you apply to Horizon Healthcare Staffing, one of our recruiters will discuss all RN Registered Nurse open assignments. The recruiter will work with you and guide you through your options so you are comfortable and put in a position to succeed in accordance with your skills and experience. If you are an experienced Registered Nurse RN, we are here for you!
Current Manhattan Registered Nurse (RN) job openings include:
- Operating Room – OR RN Registered Nurse in Manhattan.
- Our client is looking for an OR nurse that can work three 12 hour shifts starting at 7am or 7pm
- Day/ night flexible
- This Operating Room nurse position is located in Manhattan, New York.
OR Nurse Job Responsibilities:
- Uses established techniques in preparing for and assisting with surgical procedures; provides and sets up necessary instruments, supplies and equipment for different types of operations, according to established routines and instructions of the surgeon.
- Observes patient during surgical procedure to detect possible complications and/or breaks in sterile technique; furnishes emergency equipment and supplies to prevent fatality.
- Manages contaminated instruments and supplies during operation procedures to prevent spread of infection
- During operative procedure, preserves and labels operative specimens for laboratory analysis.
- Observes progress of surgery; provides additional instruments, supplies or other items as needed; provides and regulates such fluids as blood, plasma, saline and glucose solutions, cardiac and respiratory stimulants to prevent fatalities during operation,
- After operation, may apply or assist in applying dressings ,and transferring patient, from operating room to recovery room.
- Cleans or directs cleaning and sterilization of contaminated instruments, equipment and supplies; re-sterilizes unused supplies; cares for and stores delicate surgical instruments; cleans or assists in cleaning operating room areas and caring for and disposing of infectious and soiled linen after conclusion of each Operation.
Requirements for OR RN Registered Nurse:
- Current Registered Nurse RN license in NY
- Eligibility to work in the United States
- BLS & ACLS
- Operating Room experience
Attention New Grads: We would love to offer you a real start in your career as an RN Registered Nurse; however, please realize that facilities require professional experience (clinical rotations are not considered experience in this case). Please do not apply to this job if you do not have professional experience yet. We wish you lots of luck and really look forward to an opportunity to work with you in the very near future.