Medical Surgical RN Job in Manhattan, NY
Horizon Healthcare Staffing is seeking medical surgical registered nurses for one of our job openings in a Manhattan, New York based hospital. The RN in the med surg unit will be responsible for the direct care of the patients. You will primarily be accountable for planning, assessing, implementing, and evaluating direct and indirect nursing care. You will also be responsible for identifying outcomes for patients in the medical surgical setting. You will be providing care to adults with a variety of conditions.
Manhattan Med Surg RN Job description:
- Our shifts are 12 hours shifts, 7am-7pm or 7pm-7am. Flexible day / night shifts.
- Manhattan based hospital
- Competitive Rates
Job Duties / Responsibilities:
- Medical surgical nurses must be able coordinate, organize, and prioritize complex, multiple client assignment.
- MS nurses must integrate discharge planning into the patient’s daily care.
- Must be able to collaborate with other members of the health care team.
- Ability to learn the use of technology, including new medical innovations.
- Establish an effective relationship with the client and significant others to facilitate the development of the care plan.
- Use the nursing process to develop and implement the plan of care: collect appropriate assessment data for each client, determine appropriate nursing diagnoses, identify expected client outcomes, determine the plan of care, implement interventions, and evaluate client outcomes.
- Develop assessment and management strategies based on a consideration of the physical, functional, cultural, social, economic, developmental, and spiritual dimensions of human responses to actual and potential health problems.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the impact of actual or potential illness on the client’s developmental, physical, social, emotional, age, spiritual, economic, vocational, and leisure status.
Medical / Surgical Job Requirements:
- New York State licensed RN
- At least 2 years experience
- ACLS / BLS
- Eligibility to work in the United States