Emergency Room Registered Nurse Job in Suffolk County, NY
Horizon Healthcare Staffing is looking for dedicated, motivated, and professional ER / Emergency Room RNs / Registered Nurses for one of our clients located in Suffolk County, New York. Emergency rooms are often the first line of defense for accidents, allergic reactions, and any number of urgent medical care. ER nurses work to quickly assess the needs of each patient, prioritize care based on its critical nature, and work to stabilize a patient, treat the problem, discharge the patient after the emergency is over or make arrangements for a longer hospital stay.
Emergency Room nurses provide care for patients from various types of illness or trauma requiring emergency attention and must be able to recognize and effectively treat life threatening conditions. If you have the proper requirements for this ER nurse job, and want to work in a Nassau County emergency room, please apply. One of our dedicated recruiters will contact you shortly after your submission to see if you are a fit for this role.
We currently have clients located in Babylon, Town of Brookhaven, East Hampton, Town of Huntington, Islip, Riverhead, Shelter Island, Smithtown, Southampton, and Southold. Within these towns / cities are emergency rooms.
Suffolk County ER Nurse Job Responsibilities:
- Emergency Room RNs provide direct and individualized nursing care to patients
- Collect current symptoms of the patient, as well as a detailed patient history and then consults and coordinates with the healthcare team members to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate patient care plans.
- Performs triage, while considering both physical and psychosocial elements
- Manages basic life support needs and stabilizes patients until the attending physician is available
- Records vital signs
- Prepares and administers and records prescribed medications
- Reports any adverse reactions to medications or treatments
- NYS RN License
- 2+ years of Emergency Department experience
- ACLS, BLS