Skilled Nursing Facility OT Job in Queens, NY
Horizon Healthcare Staffing is searching for well qualified occupational therapists to fill our job openings in Queens, NY. We have openings in Flushing, Forest Hills, Maspeth, Corona, Elmhurst, East Elmhurst, Astoria, Rego Park, and Woodside. Though we can’t give you the name of the facility, we can give you the locations. These are the locations of the skilled nursing facilities that we normally have occupational therapist openings in. We encourage you to apply online if you are interested in any of these locations. Most of the requirements and responsibilities are the same for each facility. We will indicate to you if there are specific requirements upon your submission. One of our recruiters will contact you after you have uploaded your resume to prompt you to get all your paperwork in so we can put you to work!
For the most part, we have per diem openings, but occasionally get full time ongoing opportunities. This will help us figure out where you fit best for our client. The hours are normally 8am-4pm or 830am-430pm. Per diem means that there is an end date to your assignment, and you may just need to fill in for someone that works full time at the facility.
Occupational therapy services help patients regain functional mobility and relearn everyday physical skills that were lost due to physical, psychological, or developmental disabilities. An occupational therapy job focuses on the activities of daily living. OTs take great care in evaluating a resident to determine how that person’s cognitive and functional abilities, limb movements, coordination, mobility, fine motor skills, balance and vision affect his or her ability to perform tasks.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Providing skilled occupational therapy services/interventions in accordance with Physician orders
- Assessing patient needs, planning for, evaluating, and modifying care to meet goals of Occupational Therapy Interventions
- Collaborating with all disciplines to plan and evaluate team goals for each patient
- Instructing patient/family/caregivers on patient’s total occupational therapy program
- Advising, consulting, and instructing members of the multi-disciplinary team in specific occupational therapy modalities
- Observing and reporting patient progress and/or changes in patient status to Physician and appropriate multi-disciplinary team members
- Other duties as assigned
- Good organizational skills
- Good written skills
- Valid New York State license
- New grads encouraged to apply