CT Tech Job in New York
CT Tech Job Description:
Under the direction of the Radiologist, the CT Tech will perform total body imaging for neonatal, pediatric, and adult patients within various body planes. These duties will result in the production of quality images for diagnostic interpretation. The technologist will effectively utilize all imaging capabilities of the CT scanner and associated equipment and technology. The CT technologist will be responsible for maintaining the optimal level of patient care. The technologist will assist in the optimization of patient flow and study throughput.
CT Tech Job Duties:
- Prepares patients for procedures by performing medical assessment of mental and physical evaluation of lab values, confirming patient identification by verbal communication and ID band if applicable.
- Operates CT scanner according to hospital protocol and manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Assists physician with special procedures i.e., biopsy’s, abscess drains.
- Consults with radiologist and/or other physicians regarding examinations as necessary.
- Provides patient, doctor and staff with proper examination preparation.
- Provides radiation protection to patient, staff, and self-according to prescribed safety standards.
- Records patient history, unusual conditions/limitations and other vital information.
- Restocks and maintains assigned work station/equipment in an orderly fashion.
- Schedules patients in section and coordinates scheduling with other departments to ensure patient flow.
- Keeps room/work station neat and orderly.
- Performs other duties as requested.
CT Tech Job Qualifications:
Must be registered with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologist and have at least one year experience as a Registered Technologist. Physical requirements are minimal with occasional standing, walking, or stooping; minimal lifting or physical exertion.