School Health Assistant Job in Suffolk County
Horizon Healthcare Staffing is searching for a qualified school health aide / assistant for a Suffolk County, NY school district. The school health aide / assistant will work under the supervision of the school nurse (RN) and school administrators. The school health assistant should be a New York licensed Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) with at least 2 year experience in a school, hospital, or long term care facility. The school health assistant / CNA will be responsible for providing school health services to students. The school health assistant will work in a collaborative relationship with the head school nurse.
Venue: Suffolk County School District
Schedule: School days (Monday – Friday), 8am-3pm (7 hours a day)
Type: 1 to 1 case
Nurse Specialty: Certified Nursing Assistant / CNA
Start Date: Immediate
- Provide first aide and emergency care to students, following regulations and procedures set forth by the school district and health system.
- Implement New York State mandated screening programs
- Implement regulations, policies and procedures to control disease within the school setting.
- Observe students to determine their health.
- Maintain accurate, confidential, and appropriate records
- Aide in the administering of medication to students
- Communicate necessary medical information in a timely manner to the appropriate school personnel and family members.
- Assist in maintaining a safe school environment.
- Maintain a clean health site.
- BLS, ACLS
- New York CNA License / Certificate
- High school diploma / GED
- AAS degree preferred