CNA Job in Suffolk County, New York
CNAs help patients with activities of daily living (ADLs). They are responsible for helping patients maintain good hygiene, follow doctor and nurse orders, dressing, feeding and grooming patients, positioning them comfortably and helping them with some exercises. CNAs also take patients’ temperature, blood pressure and pulse, respiration rate and can inquire about a patient’s level of pain. Take a look at the job details below. If you are interested in this Suffolk County CNA job, please apply online.
CNA Job Details:
Location: Suffolk County, NY
Pay: Competitive- must apply
CNA Job Duties:
- Taking vitals (blood-pressure, pulse, temperature, and respiration). Taking the patient’s vitals can range from taking them once a shift on a Rehab floor, to three times a shift on a Telemetry floor, to every 15 minutes post-operatively on a surgical patient according to protocol (established procedures).
- Measuring statistics. Recording intake and output, height, and weigh.
- Obtaining routine lab samples not requiring laboratory personnel.
- Helping patients with ADLs (activities of daily living) for which they need assistance, such as bathing, combing hair, brushing teeth, shaving, putting on stockings and/or slippers, dressing, ambulation, and toileting.
- Helping patients with equipment for their treatment such as anti-embolism stockings, bladder scanner, intermittent pneumatic compression (IPC) devices, etc. as well as helping patients to move, transfer from bed to chair, or transporting them to other departments for testing or treatment.
- Infection control. Every medical employee is responsible for infection control, but because of the constant contact the CNA has with patients, it is critical for the CNA to know and follow proper protocol in avoiding the spread of germs and spores which transport disease.
- Observation and reporting. Observing the patient and surroundings assists the nurse to assess the progress of the patient as well as any needs the patient might have for medical intervention. The certified nursing assistant will also observe and remove any potential hazards which could cause accidents.
CNA Job Requirements:
- CNA certification / license
- At least 18 years old