Home Health Registered Nurse Job in Bronx, NY
Horizon Healthcare staffing is currently looking for New York State licensed Registered Nurses to administer treatment to our patients in the home. The patients’ homes are located throughout the Bronx, NY area. Working with the physician, the Registered Nurse (RN) develops and manages nursing care plans, as well as instructs patients and their families in proper treatment, helping individuals and groups take steps to improve or maintain health. As a home care RN, you will be responsible for following a physician established plan of treatment. If you want to be part of one of the fastest growing industries, apply for this position. One of our recruiters will contact you shortly after your submission to see if you are a fit for this home care job.
Home Health RN Job Responsibilities:
- Completes an initial home health assessment of patient and family to determine home care needs.
- Provides a complete physical assessment and history of current and previous illness(es).
- Conducts home visits as assigned, assessing the patient’s condition, progress toward goals, providing patient care, teaching and other skilled interventions as ordered.
- Regularly re-evaluates patient nursing needs, as part of nursing visit.
- Initiates the plan of care and makes necessary revisions as patient status and needs change in collaboration with Case Manager
- Uses health assessment data to determine nursing diagnosis.
- Includes the patient and family in the planning process.
- Initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures.
- Administers medications and treatments as prescribed by the physician.
- Counsels the patient and family in meeting nursing and related needs.
- Provides health care instructions to the patient as appropriate per assessment and plan of care.
- Identifies discharge planning needs during nursing visits
Home Health RN Job Requirements:
- Minimum one (1) year of nursing experience required with home health experience
- Current New York State RN License
- Current CPR certification
- Copy of updated Physical
- Reliable transportation
- Bilingual Korean a plus