Dialysis Registered Nurse Job in the Bronx, NY
Horizon Healthcare Staffing is searching for dialysis Registered Nurses for our client in the Bronx, NY area. This is a great opportunity to utilize your skills as a Registered Nurse. Take a look at the job description below, if you think you are a fit, apply online. One of our recruiters will contact you shortly after your submission to see if you are a fit for this role. We look forward to working with you!
Bronx Dialysis RN Job Responsibilities:
- Provide direct patient care for assigned patients and assist in the care of other patients as needed in a nursing home dialysis suite.
- Perform all technical aspects of dialysis procedures.
- Assess patients’ response to dialysis therapy and make appropriate adjustments and modifications to the treatment plan as indicated or directed by the supervisor or as prescribed by the Physician.
- Assess patient pre, interim, and post dialysis and document findings.
- Administer medications as ordered to assigned patients.
- Responsible for assessing educational needs of patient and educating the patient and family regarding end stage renal disease, dialysis therapy, diet and medications.
- Excellent working atmosphere.
Requirements for Dialysis RN Registered Nurse:
- Minimum of one-year medical-surgical nursing experience preferred.
- At least 1 year hands on dialysis experience in a hospital or facility setting.
- Hemodialysis experience preferred.
- ICU experience preferred.
- Successfully complete a training course in the theory and practice of hemodialysis.
- Successfully complete CPR Certification.
- Current NYS RN license
Attention New Grads: We would love to offer you a real start in your career as an RN Registered Nurse; however, please realize that facilities require professional experience (clinical rotations are not considered experience in this case). Please do not apply to this job if you do not have professional experience yet. We wish you lots of luck and really look forward to an opportunity to work with you in the very near future.