X-Ray Tech Job in the Bronx, NY
Horizon Healthcare Staffing is searching for an x-ray tech / rad tech for one of our clients in the Bronx, NY. This is a great job opportunity for a certified individual to get a foot in the door in the Bronx. Check out the job description and job requirements below. If you think you are a fit for this position, please apply online.
X Ray Tech Job Description:
Perform radiological duties in compliance with x-ray department and legal requirements. Help patients feel comfortable during the entire process. Perform selected nursing, lab, administrative, and clerical duties that assist in the delivery of primary health care and patient care management under the direction of a Physician, PA, or NP. These duties are delegated in relation to the individual’s degree of training, in accordance with the objectives and policies of the organization and respective state laws governing such action and activities.
X Ray Tech Job Duties:
- Prepare patients for radiological procedures and take X-rays following established procedures for patient care and safety.
- Protect patients, yourself and staff from radiation exposure by practicing sound procedures which meet or exceed recommended industry standards.
- Develop and process radiological film.
- Obtain quality diagnostic radiographs as requested.
- Ensure that all equipment is in good working condition and in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Report immediately any equipment malfunctions to Supervisor.
- Log completed radiological procedures. Complete paperwork accurately and on time.
- Maintain x-ray room, stock necessary radiological supplies.
- Perform lab work as directed
- Other duties may be assigned.
X Ray Tech Job Qualifications:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Current X-Ray Technology certificate or license from a program approved in New York.
- ARRT Certified