Occupational Therapy Jobs in Long Island Schools
Are you an occupational therapist looking for a job in one of the many Long Island school districts? We have OT jobs in Nassau County School Districts and Suffolk County School Districts. Because we are an occupational therapy staffing company, you would be working under our name. We currently have contracts with some of the best school districts on Long Island to provide occupational therapy services to students. Since we already have the relationship with the LI school districts, we can market your skill set to the proper professionals. We are looking for highly motivated and dedicated occupational therapists that want to help change the lives of young children. This is a great opportunity if you just graduated, or if you are looking to work in pediatrics. Our staff includes a licensed occupational therapist willing to guide you through the process.
Occupational therapists are licensed rehabilitation care professionals who work to restore or improve physical abilities, promote behavioral changes, adapt surroundings, and teach new skills; the goal is to have the student achieve her or his best physical and/or mental functioning in as it relates to school activities. Occupational therapists provide these services based on a student’s IEP.
Occupational therapists may provide services in several educationally relevant areas in which they can help promote student success, including, but not limited to:
- Classroom Responsibilities – activities necessary for participation in various classroom activities, including adapting to routines, organizing materials, hand skills necessary for manipulating classroom tools and producing written work
- Functional Sensorimotor Skills/Environmental Interactions – such as staying on task while filtering distractions, interacting cooperatively and appropriately with peers and adults, following directions, observing personal space and utilizing various school equipment safely
- Activities of Daily Living – as it relates to self‐care activities such as hygiene, toileting, feeding, managing personal materials and devices
- Transitioning from school to post‐school activities
OT Job Details:
Discipline: Occupational Therapist
Position Type: Part time and Full time positions available.
Venue Type: School based
Schedule: School hours
Location: Long Island – Nassau County & Suffolk County
Pay Rate: Competitive – Must Apply
– New grads encouraged to apply
Occupational Therapist Job Requirements:
- Good organizational skills
- Good written skills
- Valid New York State license
- New grads are encouraged to apply!