Medical Coder Job in New Jersey
Medical Coder Job Description:
The role of the Certified Coder is to identify, collect, assess, monitor and document claims and encounter coding information as it pertains to Clinical Condition Categories.
Medical Coder Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Verify and ensure the accuracy, completeness, specificity and appropriateness of diagnosis codes based on services rendered.
- Review medical record information to identify all appropriate coding based on CMS HCC categories.
- Complete appropriate paperwork/documentation/system entry regarding claim/encounter information.
- Demonstrate analytical and problem-solving ability regarding barriers to receiving and validating accurate HCC information.
- Support and participate in process and quality improvement initiatives.
- Certified Medical Coder (CPC, CCS) with high degree of competence in this area
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office XP products (Word, Excel, Access)
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Prior coding experience, preferably in a medical office environment
- Knowledge and experience in health care environment/managed care