Medical Billing Clerk Job in New Jersey
Medical Billing Clerk Job Description:
Generates revenue by making payment arrangements; collecting accounts; monitoring and pursuing delinquent accounts.
Medical Billing Clerk Job Duties:
- Collects delinquent accounts by establishing payment arrangements with patients; monitoring payments; following up with patients when payment lapses occur.
- Utilizes collection agencies and small claims court to collect accounts by evaluating and selecting collection agencies; determining appropriateness of pursuing legal remedies; testifying for the hospital in court cases.
- Maintains medicare bad-debt cost report by tracking billings; monitoring collections; compiling information.
- Initiates claims against estates by monitoring deaths and unpaid accounts; informing legal department to act on probate and estate issues; following-up with clerk of court.
- Secures outstanding balance payments for care of hospital employees by establishing payroll deductions; obtaining signatures for automatic transfers,
- Secures obstetrical payments by interviewing and obtaining information from pre-delivery patients; establishing payments due prior to delivery; sending monthly statements.
- Maintains work operations by following policies and procedures; reporting compliance issues.
- Maintains quality results by following standards.
- Protects hospital’s value by keeping collection information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Serves and protects the hospital community by adhering to professional standards, hospital policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements, and jcaho standards.
- Enhances billing department and hospital reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Legal Compliance, Quality Focus, Productivity, Time Management, Organization, Attention to Detail, Documentation Skills, Analyzing Information , General Math Skills, Resolving Conflict, Litigation