SLP – Bronx Skilled Nursing Facility
Horizon Healthcare Staffing has an excellent speech pathology job in a Bronx, New York based skilled nursing facility. This is an immediate job opportunity for a well qualified SLP. Speech therapists both identify and treat communication problems related to language and speech. Working with patients of all ages, speech-language pathologists seek to improve communication skills through vocal exercises and cognitive therapies. Patients may have an articulation, language, fluency, or resonance disorder, which prevents them from either being understood or understanding others.
Speech Pathology Job Details:
Position Type: Part time ongoing - 3 days a week
Venue Type: Skilled Nursing Facility
Schedule: Anywhere from 8am-6pm for 2 to 4.5 hours per day
Location: Bronx, NY
Speech Pathology Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide skilled speech therapy services/interventions in accordance with physician orders.
- Assess patient needs; plans for, evaluates and modifies care to meet goals of the speech therapy interventions.
- Collaborate with all disciplines to plan and evaluate team goals for each patient.
- Instruct patient/family/caregivers on patient’s total speech therapy program.
- Advise, consult and instruct members of the multi-disciplinary team in specific speech therapy modalities and interventions.