Horizon Healthcare Staffing has an excellent temporary PTA job opportunity in a Suffolk County (North Shore), New York based Skilled Nursing Facility. This is a three to six month assignment We are looking to fill this physical therapist assistant job opening as soon as possible. PTAs work under the direct supervision of physical therapists. The PTA’s job is to use physical treatment procedures to help improve mobility and reduce pain caused by disease or injury.
PTA Job Details:
Position Type: Temporary 3-6 month assignment
Venue Type: Skilled Nursing Facility
Location: Suffolk County, NY
Physical Therapist Assistant Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides skilled physical therapy services/interventions in accordance with physician orders under the supervision of a Registered Physical Therapist.
- Responds to requests for service by relaying information and referral to Registered Physical Therapist.
- Implements and modifies the patient’s physical therapy plan of treatment with RPT supervision.
- Monitors patient responses to treatments and modifies it during treatment sessions as necessary.
Physical Therapist Assistant Job Requirements:
- Associate’s degree in physical therapist assistant
- Valid New York State license
- Good organization skills
- Good communication skills
- Good written skills
- New grads encouraged to apply