Horizon Healthcare Staffing is searching for COTAs for one of our skilled nursing facilities located in Suffolk County, NY. There are three ongoing positions open. The first one is Monday through Friday 8am-4pm starting immediately. The second is Monday through Friday 8am-2pm/4pm starting immediately. The third job opening is ongoing Mondays 8am-4pm starting June 5th. If interested in any of these positions, please submit an application.
Location: Suffolk County, NY
Schedule: (1) Mon – Fri 8am-4pm ongoing starting ASAP
(2) Monday through Friday 8am-2pm/4pm ongoing starting ASAP
(3) Mondays, 8am-4pm ongoing starting June 5th, 2017
Venue Type: Skilled Nursing Facility
COTA Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate and articulate sound clinical reasoning in treatment planning, implementation and monitoring of patient progress.
- Perform age appropriate advanced competency skills in area of practice and with respect to individual patient’s problems.
- Assess the learning needs and capabilities of patients and caregivers with regard to age, level of understanding & emotional status.
- Consistently report to therapist patient progress/status to allow for update of goals and modification of treatment program.
- Utilize appropriate methods and materials for effective learning, monitoring response to education, and adapting program appropriately.
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant Job Requirements:
- Associate’s degree in occupational therapy assistant
- Valid New York State COTA license
- Good organizational skills
- Good written skills
- Ability to work well with others