EKG Technician Job in New York
EKG Technician Job Description:
An EKG technician is responsible for assisting physicians in diagnosing and treating cardiac or heart, and peripheral vascular or blood vessel ailments. The abbreviation EKG is short for electrocardiographic technician.
EKG Technician Job Duties and Responsibilities:
You will perform a variety of tasks involving preparing x-ray equipment to make radiographs of designated parts of the body, or operating electrocardiograph equipment to record variations in heart muscle as requested by physicians to help diagnose a variety of medical issues. The technician must be able to closely follow physician instructions, prepare EKG equipment, position patients correctly and accurately capture the requested diagnostic image or record. The EKG technician must also protect the patient’s safety during the x-ray/EKG procedure. The technician may also be required to manipulate heavy equipment and maneuver patients who may be disabled. The technician will also be required to accurately process the image/recording for optimally quality and match the appropriate paperwork for interpretation.
- Associates Degree required, B.A. preferred.
- Graduate of an accredited program
- Must be AART certified
- Contract administration credentialed
- BLS Certification
- Minimum of two (2) years experience as a diagnostic radiology technologist
- Knowledge or experience as an EKG technician or willingness to learn
- General knowledge of Environmental Health and Services, Occupational Safety and Health Administration, and Radiation Safety and Protection procedures
- General knowledge of exam protocols
- Experience with electronic medical records, cleaning and adjusting EKG and x-ray equipment are required.
- Must be able to interact with patients in a professional manner with a strong commitment to positively representing the company.