COTA Job in the Bronx, NY
In recent years, New York has made it mandatory to become certified when practicing occupational therapy as an assistant. The abbreviation for a certified occupational therapy assistant is most commonly known as a COTA. The main purpose of the COTA is to assist the occupational therapist in the treatment of a patient. COTAs can work in skilled nursing facilities, school districts, private practices, or different organizations.
As part of our therapy department, we currently have an excellent COTA job available within the Bronx, NY. You will be working within a skilled nursing facility full-time. If you are looking for a part time position, don’t hesitate to apply because we will work with you to find the situation that best fits your schedule. Please take a look at the COTA job details below to see if this could be the perfect fit for you. As always, if you know someone who would be perfect for this position, we have a referral program. You can refer another COTA that is licensed to work in New York to our office, and you’ll get paid. It’s as simple as that.
COTA Job in the Bronx Details:
Position Type: Full-Time Ongoing
Venue Type: Skilled Nursing Facility
COTA Job Schedule: Monday-Friday Full days
COTA Job Location: Bronx, New York
COTA Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate and articulate sound clinical reasoning in treatment planning, implementation and monitoring of patient progress.
- Perform age appropriate advanced competency skills in area of practice and with respect to individual patient’s problems.
- Assess the learning needs and capabilities of patients and caregivers with regard to age, level of understanding & emotional status.
- Consistently report to therapist patient progress/status to allow for update of goals and modification of treatment program.
- Utilize appropriate methods and materials for effective learning, monitoring response to education, and adapting program appropriately.
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant Job Requirements:
- Associate’s degree in occupational therapy assistant
- Valid New York State license
- Good organizational skills
- Good written skills
- Ability to work well with others