Job Title: Ultrasound Technologist
Horizon Healthcare Staffing is searching for an Ultrasound Tech for one of our outpatient medical offices located in New York. This is a full-time position.
The Ultrasound Technologist will perform a wide range of ultrasound exams, such as general ultrasound, breast, OB/GYN, vascular, and other ultrasound exams on incoming patients. The person in this position responds to patient questions and concerns regarding exam procedures and processes, while maintaining appropriate confidentiality regarding personal health information, including but not limited to, patient diagnosis, health history, demographics, and referral information. This person is responsible for all paperwork associated with technical procedures and responds to physician questions and needs regarding patient procedures. Some technologists may work under the direct medical supervision of a physician during certain procedures.
- Performs all ultrasound procedures in strict accordance with currently approved practices as outlined in department policy and procedure manuals, complying with all applicable federal, state, local and other regulatory requirements.
- Assists radiologists with ultrasound-guided biopsies and procedures if needed.
- Communicates to the patient the nature of the procedure and answers questions clarifying the procedure for the patient.
- Assures patients’ rights and privacy are maintained.
- Responsible for proper documentation and maintenance of all required department records.
- Performs all quality control testing as required.
- Assists in the transporting of patients.
- Provides orientation and training to new sonographers as directed.
- Performs other related duties incidental to the work therein.
- Produces high quality diagnostic images in a timely manner while providing excellent patient care.
- Monitors patients’ well-being during exam; recognizes patient discomfort or medical problems and takes appropriate action.
- Understands the potential bio-effects associated with ultrasound exposure.
- Checks patient history, and obtains appropriate signed waivers, if necessary.
- Consults with radiologist when necessary to determine appropriate scanning procedure.
- Completes all paperwork and exam reports associated with technical procedures.
- Responds to physician questions and needs regarding patient procedures.
- Checks referral for appropriate study based on patient history.
- Keeps ultrasound exam rooms and dressing booths clean and properly stocked with supplies.
- Assures room is ready prior to the patient entering the room (i.e. equipment is operable, all supplies are readily available, and has been appropriately cleaned and prepped).
- Must have current ARRT(S), ARDMS certifications or ARDMS Registry Eligible.
- Requires a high school diploma or GED.
- CPR certification required.
- Maintain license, continuing education, and experience in accordance with state, federal, and regulatory agencies’ rules and regulations.
- Familiarity with and ability to use specialized equipment.
- Ability to respond to emergency situations in a calm and appropriate fashion.
- Possesses and utilizes excellent customer service skills, strong written and verbal communications skills, and other medical related skills/knowledge.
- Must be detail-oriented, highly organized, and able to interact effectively with doctors, patients, vendors, peers, staff and management.