Immediate School Transportation Case with Special Needs Student – Far Rockaway, NY
Horizon Healthcare Staffing is looking for a Registered Nurse to accompany a student to and from school. The nurse will be riding the school bus with the student. The Registered Nurse in this position is responsible for monitoring special needs students on the bus during transportation to and from school; recognizing and responding to deviations from their baseline and administering emergency medications and procedures as prescribed by their physician.
- Transportation Nurse
- Morning and or afternoon
- 5 days a week
- Far Rockaway, New York
- Student with special needs
- Constantly monitor students’ well-being and behavior during the route.
- Respond to students’ needs by administering first aid and care as stipulated by District policies and procedures during the route, notifying the driver if an emergency exists.
- Document nursing interventions on individual student narrative notes and complete Medicaid billing for services rendered.
- Assumes responsibility for ensuring completion of student injury reports.
- Store and secure all student equipment that is to be transported with the student.
- Secure special needs students and/or equipment with restraints; tie downs (wheelchairs, seat belts, car seats, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring safety and well-being of students.
- Observes and reports regularly to nurse supervisor on identified health problems of students and is responsible for recognizing deviations from the applicable plan of care and notifying the nursing supervisor for further instructions.
- Current New York RN License
- 1(+) years experience as a Registered Nurse
- BLS and/or ACLS