Horizon Healthcare Staffing
- Summer School Full Day & Bus Nurse - 7:30am-9:00am (9:00am-2:30pm) 2:30pm - 3:30pm
- Summer School Full Day & Bus Nurse - 7:00am - 9:00am (9:00am-4:45pm) 4:45pm -6:00pm
- Summer School Nurse Full Day – 9:00am-5:45pm
- Manhattan > Brooklyn School Bus Nurse - (Afternoon Only) 4:00pm – 6:00pm
- Protecting and maintain student’s health by providing professional nursing services in accordance with Nursing Standards and NYS Licensing.
- Providing NY State-mandated and annual screening programs including vision, hearing, height, weight and scoliosis.
- Facilitating NY State-mandated immunization and communicable disease control requirements.
- Identifying and assessing students’ health needs, implementing services, and evaluating plans of care which impact student learning and achievement or safety.
- Participating as members of the school’s multi-disciplinary team, interpreting medical data and writing objectives for the health component of the IEP and/or 504 plan.
- Acting as liaison between home and school, and community providers for medical issues, including visiting students at home.
- Identifying and reporting school building safety or environmental issues which impact student or staff health to the building administrator.
- Documenting health services provided in accordance with the NYS Nurse Practice Act.
- Maintaining current pertinent health data for each student by periodic review and documentation on the individual student electronic and paper health records.
- Completing student and staff insurance/accident reports.
- Initiating and documenting health surveillance programs as needed and recording, compiling and reporting aggregate student health information as required by NYS Department of Health.
Registered Nurse Job Requirements:
- Nursing Degree
- Registered Nurse in New York
- Valid NYS License
- At least 2 years of experience