Horizon Healthcare Staffing is currently seeking dedicated Registered Nurses available for per-diem Substitute School Nursing opportunities for public schools in Hillsborough, NJ!
We are contracted with 9 schools in the district and have various per diem opportunities.
Don’t worry about not knowing how to be a school nurse; our nursing professionals offer an orientation class in order to perform your job to your fullest potential!
Assignment: 2021 School Year
Grades: Pre-K – 12
- Provides first aid care and medically prescribed services.
- Serves as a resource person on health issues.
- Screens and conducts health appraisals for students and staff.
- Corresponds with parents on health needs of children.
- Records immunizations, health findings, and other relevant health data.
- Considerable knowledge of medical disorders, treatments, and child growth and development.
- Working knowledge of public health problems and procedures for treatment in coordination with other health and social service agencies.
- Working knowledge of Federal, State, and Local laws and regulations affecting the delivery of school health services.
- Ability to identify abnormal growth and development and symptoms of disease.
- Ability to coordinate and facilitate services between the school, local health agency, and other community resources.
- Ability to develop and maintain health records on students and positive working relationships.
- Must have one year of professional experience as a Registered Nurse
- Active CPR card
- NJ Nursing License
- Must be willing to get your New Jersey Department of Education Fingerprints (We reimburse!)
- Must be willing to obtain Substitute School Nurse certificate (We reimburse!)