Horizon Healthcare Staffing is seeking reliable Registered Nurses available for per-diem substitute school nursing in Paramus Township.
The school has a full-time nurse who assists the students but needs additional help throughout the school year. Many of the students exhibit a variety of moderate to severe learning disabilities and need assistance due to behavioral matters.
Shifts the school may request are as follows:
- Monday through Friday, 8:30AM -2:30PM (full day)
- Monday through Friday, 8:00AM– 12:00PM (half day).
- Provides first aid care and medically prescribed services.
- Maintains security of school health supplies.
- Serves as a resource person on health issues.
- Screens and conducts health appraisals for students and staff.
- Corresponds with parents on health needs of children.
- Records immunizations, health findings, and other relevant health data.
- Considerable knowledge of medical disorders, treatments, and child growth and development.
- Working knowledge of public health problems and procedures for treatment in coordination with other health and social service agencies.
- Working knowledge of Federal, State, and Local laws and regulations affecting the delivery of school health services.
- Ability to identify abnormal growth and development and symptoms of disease.
- Ability to coordinate and facilitate services between the school, local health agency, and other community resources.
- Ability to develop and maintain health records on students and positive working relationships.
- Other Registered Nurses (RN) duties as assigned
- Must have one year of professional experience as a nurse
- Active CPR card
- Ability to travel to Cape May Township
- NJ Nursing License
- Must be willing to get your New Jersey Department of Education Fingerprints.
- Must be willing to obtain school nurse certificate (No worries, we make it easy!)