We are seeking a dedicated Registered Nurse available for a Substitute School Nursing opportunity for a public school in Woodland Township, NJ!
Don’t worry about not knowing how to be a school nurse; our nursing professionals offer an orientation class to perform your job to your fullest potential!
Assignment Dates: Ongoing for the 2021 school year - Start January 19th
Assignment Hours: 8:30 am-1:30 pm Monday- Friday
Grades: Pre-K – 8th
- Provides first aid care and medically prescribed services.
- Maintains security of school health supplies.
- Serves as a resource person on health issues.
- Screens and conducts health appraisals for students and staff.
- Corresponds with parents on health needs of children.
- Records immunizations, health findings, and other relevant health data.
- Considerable knowledge of medical disorders, treatments, and child growth and development.
- Working knowledge of public health problems and procedures for treatment in coordination with other health and social service agencies.
- Working knowledge of Federal, State, and Local laws and regulations affecting the delivery of school health services.
- Ability to identify abnormal growth and development and symptoms of disease.
- Ability to coordinate and facilitate services between the school, local health agency, and other community resources.
- Ability to develop and maintain health records on students and positive working relationships.
- Other Registered Nurses (RN) duties as assigned
- Must have one year of professional experience as a nurse
- Active CPR card
- NJ Nursing License
- Must be willing to get your New Jersey Department of Education Fingerprints (we reimburse)
- Must be willing to obtain substitute school certification (we reimburse)