Horizon Healthcare Staffing
Horizon Healthcare Staffing is searching for a speech language pathologist for one of our school districts located in Nassau county, New York.
- Monday through Friday
- Students are ages 5-21 with Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Nassau County School
- Assesses students’ communication skills (e.g. articulation, fluency, voice, expressive and receptive language, etc.) for the purpose of identifying communication disorders, determining program eligibility and developing recommendations for treatment.
- Collaborates with a variety of groups and/or individuals (e.g. parents, teachers, physicians, administration, maintenance personnel, team members, other professionals, etc.) for the purpose of communicating information, resolving issues and providing services in compliance with established guidelines.
- Coordinates meetings and processes for eligible students (e.g. testing/screening, IEPs, parent conferences, pre-referral staffing, etc.) for the purpose of presenting evaluation results, developing treatment plans, and/or providing training to parents/students/staff.
- Develops treatment plans, interventions and/or educational materials for the purpose of minimizing the adverse impact of communication disorders in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- TSHH or TSSLD
- Licensed SLP in New York
- PROMPT trained required
- Experience working with devices preferred
- No CFY’s
- At least one year of experience in pediatrics