School Social Worker
School Social Worker - LMSW
Horizon Healthcare Staffing is searching for a LMSW / Social Worker for one of our schools located in Nassau County, NY. The Social Worker serves as a liaison between students, school personnel, families, and outside resources. Responsible for providing counseling to students with significant social, emotional, and behavioral challenges. Assist students with academic learning by providing strategic services that identify and address issues that interfere with the educational process.
- Nassau County School
- 3-5 days a week
- September 2022 Start!
- Counsel students with personal and psychological issues that affect their performance, socialization, and behavior in school.
- Provide counseling sessions, treatment plans and workshops to establish prevention programs and intervention plans.
- Assist teachers by communicating with students to find the causes of their behaviors
- Provide support to students and families suffering from hunger, abuse, homelessness by providing access to resources for shelters, food banks and medical care.
- Analyze information gained through record reviews and interviews to determine environmental impacts and appropriate resources needed; integrate gained information into a written report.
- Develop and implement professional development training for educational staff and parents.
- Participate in professional development activities aimed at current trends and best practices for the provision of comprehensive school social work services.
- Maintain an ongoing liaison with community agencies and other resources to meet student needs; refers parents and student to agencies when appropriate.
- 1+ years of pediatric experience
- LMSW certification
- Have excellent listening and verbal skills