Horizon Healthcare Staffing has an immediate need for a dedicated School Nurse for a public school located in West New York, NJ! We are contracted with the 7 schools in the district and have various full-time positions.
Assignment dates: 2020/2021 school year
School hours: Approx. 8:30am - 2:45pm
Experience with teaching, pediatrics and/or school nursing a plus!
- Provides first aid care and medically prescribed services.
- Maintains security of school health supplies.
- Serves as a resource person on health issues.
- Screens and conducts health appraisals for students and staff.
- Corresponds with parents on health needs of children.
- Records immunizations, health findings, and other relevant health data.
- Considerable knowledge of medical disorders, treatments, and child growth and development.
- Working knowledge of public health problems and procedures for treatment in coordination with other health and social service agencies.
- Working knowledge of Federal, State, and Local laws and regulations affecting the delivery of school health services.
- Ability to identify abnormal growth and development and symptoms of disease.
- Ability to coordinate and facilitate services between the school, local health agency, and other community resources.
- Ability to develop and maintain health records on students and positive working relationships.
- Other Registered Nurses (RN) duties as assigned
- Must have one year of professional experience as a nurse
- Active CPR card
- NJ Nursing License
- Must be willing to get your New Jersey Department of Education Fingerprints (we will reimburse)
- Must be willing to obtain substitute school certificate (we will reimburse)