Horizon Healthcare Staffing is searching for RNs interested in Substitute School Nursing opportunities in Middlesex County for Summer 2021! The Middlesex County School Districts currently have 5 summer session needs starting July 2021 and running through August.
Grades: Elementary – High School
Hours: Monday – Friday 8:30a – 3:00p
Assignment: Assignment dates vary by school, but all sessions will be running from July 2021 – August 2021
- Provides first aid care and medically prescribed services.
- Maintains security of school health supplies.
- Serves as a resource person on health issues.
- Screens and conducts health appraisals for students and staff.
- Corresponds with parents on health needs of children.
- Records immunizations, health findings, and other relevant health data.
- Considerable knowledge of medical disorders, treatments, and child growth and development.
- Working knowledge of public health problems and procedures for treatment in coordination with other health and social service agencies.
- Working knowledge of Federal, State, and Local laws and regulations affecting the delivery of school health services.
- Ability to identify abnormal growth and development and symptoms of disease.
- Ability to coordinate and facilitate services between the school, local health agency, and other community resources.
- Ability to develop and maintain health records on students and positive working relationships.
- Other Registered Nurses (RN) duties as assigned
- Must have one year of professional experience as a nurse
- Active CPR card
- NJ Nursing License
- Must be willing to get your New Jersey Department of Education Fingerprints (we reimburse!)
Must be willing to obtain substitute school certificate (we will reimburse!)