School RN – Summer Program
SCHOOL NURSE FOR STUDENTS ATTENDING SUMMER PROGRAM!
Horizon Healthcare Staffing is searching for compassionate Registered Nurses. We currently have a need for an RN to work in the health office as a Substitute School Nurse in Mahwah, NJ!
Summer Program: ASAP – July 23rd
Assignment: Monday - Thursday
Hours: Monday, Wednesday & Thursday’s 9:00AM – 12:30PM | Tuesday’s Full day schedule.
- Provides first aid care and medically prescribed services.
- Maintains security of school health supplies.
- Serves as a resource person on health issues.
- Screens and conducts health appraisals for students and staff.
- Corresponds with parents on health needs of children.
- Records immunizations, health findings, and other relevant health data.
- Considerable knowledge of medical disorders, treatments, and child growth and development.
- Working knowledge of public health problems and procedures for treatment in coordination with other health and social service agencies.
- Working knowledge of Federal, State, and Local laws and regulations affecting the delivery of school health services.
- Ability to identify abnormal growth and development and symptoms of disease.
- Ability to coordinate and facilitate services between the school, local health agency, and other community resources.
- Ability to develop and maintain health records on students and positive working relationships.
- Other Registered Nurses (RN) duties as assigned
- Must have one year of professional experience as a Registered Nurse
- Active CPR card
- Active New Jersey RN License
- Must be willing to get your New Jersey Department of Education Fingerprints (we reimburse)
- Must be willing to obtain Substitute School Nurse Certificate (we reimburse)