Horizon Healthcare Staffing has a full-time need for a dedicated School Nurse for a High School located in Passaic, NJ. The main duty of a school RN is to promote the health and well-being of students and staff members by assuming a leadership role in the development and implementation of a school health program.
The school has about 100 students in grades 9-12.
Assignment Hours: 8:15am – 2:45pm Monday – Friday
Start Date: December 12, 2019
- Provides first aid care and medically prescribed services.
- Maintains security of school health supplies.
- Serves as a resource person on health issues.
- Screens and conducts health appraisals for students and staff.
- Corresponds with parents on health needs of children.
- Records immunizations, health findings, and other relevant health data.
- Considerable knowledge of medical disorders, treatments, and child growth and development.
- Working knowledge of public health problems and procedures for treatment in coordination with other health and social service agencies.
- Working knowledge of Federal, State, and Local laws and regulations affecting the delivery of school health services.
- Ability to identify abnormal growth and development and symptoms of disease.
- Ability to coordinate and facilitate services between the school, local health agency, and other community resources.
- Ability to develop and maintain health records on students and positive working relationships.
Other Registered Nurses (RN) duties as assigned
- Must have two years of professional experience as a nurse
- Active CPR card
- NJ RN License
- Must be willing to get your New Jersey Department of Education Fingerprints.