Horizon Healthcare Staffing has an immediate temp-hire need for a dedicated School Nurse for an Elementary School located in Roselle, NJ. The main duty of a school RN is to promote the health and well-being of students and staff members by assuming a leadership role in the development and implementation of a school health program.
This position is Temp- Hire with excellent benefits + Tenure!!!!!!
**BSN is required for this position
Job Title: Full Time School Nurse, RN BSN
Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:00AM-3:15PM.
- Provides first aid care and medically prescribed services.
- Maintains security of school health supplies.
- Serves as a resource person on health issues.
- Screens and conducts health appraisals for students and staff.
- Corresponds with parents on health needs of children.
- Records immunizations, health findings, and other relevant health data.
- Considerable knowledge of medical disorders, treatments, and child growth and development.
- Working knowledge of public health problems and procedures for treatment in coordination with other health and social service agencies.
- Working knowledge of Federal, State, and Local laws and regulations affecting the delivery of school health services.
- Ability to identify abnormal growth and development and symptoms of disease.
- Ability to coordinate and facilitate services between the school, local health agency, and other community resources.
- Ability to develop and maintain health records on students and positive working relationships.
- Other Registered Nurses (RN) duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Ability to oversee and implement health care specific to student needs
- Ability to exercise independent judgment, remain flexible, and work effectively under pressure
- Ability to maintain confidential information and records
- Ability to interact with children in a warm, confident manner
- Ability to manage health systems
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, and staff
- Must have 1 of professional experience as a nurse
- Active CPR card (America Heart Association)
- NJ RN License
- Completed Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
- Must be willing to get your New Jersey Department of Education Fingerprints.
- Current license to practice as a registered nurse in the State of New Jersey.