School Registered Nurse – Audit Consultation
Horizon Healthcare Staffing
A special needs Private School located in Central Suffolk County, NY is in need of an experienced Registered Nurse to consult with school administrators for a health office audit. The audit will be conducted in May 2023. Once the consultation comes to an end the nurse will then provide his or her services to the school as the health office school nurse until mid-June 2023. The sub-nurse has the opportunity to stay on for the summer school program beginning July 3, 2023, thru August 11th, 2023. This assignment requires the expertise of an experienced Register Nurse who enjoys teaching, and training others in a school setting.
Hours: Monday-Friday 8am-3:30pm
Responsibilities are as follows but not limited to:
- Organizing student medical records and update if needed
- Contact parents if any student medical information is missing from the student file
- Organize the health office
- Update the health office's policy and procedure manual
- Instruct the current school nurse on school nursing policy and procedures
- Instruct the current school nurse with health office paperwork
- Organize and order if necessary medical supplies
- Excellent communication skills with school administrators and parents
- Train the current school nurse on the nuances of good communication skills with peers, such as out of district school nurses school admin and parents.
- Registered School Nurse with 3- 5 years' experience
- Knowledgeable in NYS School Nursing Office audits
- excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to educate others on school nursing policy and procedure protocol
Comments are closed.