Horizon Healthcare Staffing is searching for a School Psychologist for our schools located in Brooklyn, NY. Under general supervision, the school psychologist is responsible for providing evaluation, diagnosis and therapeutic intervention in accordance with the regulations and requirements of applicable regulatory agencies and standards of the profession. Monitors treatment plans and progress. Conveys intervention techniques to others.
- Monday through Friday
- Brooklyn, NY
The duties and responsibilities of the School Psychologist will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provides psychological assessment on individuals annually in areas of intelligence and adaptive behavior.
- Develops a treatment plan and goals based on an assessment.
- Provides psychological services as prescribed by treatment plan in areas of behavior management, psychological counseling, crisis intervention, etc.
- Integrates therapeutic intervention techniques into programs or home of person served through consultation with parent/guardian and staff at team meetings, case conferences or through other informal contacts.
- Records progress on all active cases in therapy, monitors therapy status and makes appropriate recommendations as changes occur.
- Participates in interdisciplinary team meetings and annual reviews for purposes of planning, implementation and monitoring of individual plans.
- Participates in pre-admission evaluations.
- Assists with other duties such as arrival and dismissal, feeding, bathrooming, and classroom management as needed.
- Maintains equipment and orders supplies with approval of supervisor.
- Administers scores, analyzes and interprets diagnostic tests in cognitive and emotional areas.
- Trains and instructs program staff in utilization of goals, behavior management, interpretation of test results. etc.
- Keeps up to date of changes in field.
- Performs other related duties as requested.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Must be able to maintain the strictest confidentiality
- Knowledge of standard psychometric assessment instruments (Wechsler series, Stanford Binet)
- Good personal computer skills and knowledge of appropriate software
- Must be willing to work at various program sites
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Master's Degree in Psychology
- NYSED School Psychologist Certification
- At least one year of comparable experience with the developmentally disabled
Comments are closed.