Physical Therapist - Nassau County, NY
Horizon Healthcare Staffing is seeking a school physical therapist to provide educationally based PT evaluations, treatments and consultations to pediatric clients within the educational environment. Provide services in conjunction with the school district’s child study teams and teachers, ensuring that the services delivered are relevant and useful in meeting the student’s individual education plans (IEP).
School Physical Therapist needed to work with physically disabled students in a Nassau County School.
Schedule: 4 days per week: MON - TUES – THURS – FRI
Time: 8:30 am – 2:30 pm
- Immediate Start Date
- Competitive Salaries
- Weekly Pay
- New Graduates Welcome
- Pediatric experience preferred but not required.
- Demonstrates comprehensive evaluation skills and interventions. This includes evaluating the effectiveness of interventions and modification of plan of care as appropriate.
- Therapist will meet IEP mandates per student.
- Maintains and completes all student documentation, records and reports ensuring they are educationally based, timely, thorough and professional. All documentation must be in accordance with regulatory and department guidelines.
- Consults with student’s child study team, teacher, family, paraprofessionals, district and non-district therapists, CST staff, contract coordinator, supervisors and offsite director to provide optimum quality patient care and effective operation.
- Educationally based pediatric experience preferred.
- Current PT license in NY