School Physical Therapist needed to work with Elementary, Middle and High School students in a Nassau County School District. Schedule requires approximately 5 hours/day, 2-3 days/week through the end of school year.
Interested applicants please submit resume for immediate consideration.
- Flexible schedules
- Competitive Salaries
- Weekly Pay
- New Graduates Welcome
- Pediatric experience preferred but not required.
Duties, Roles, and Responsibilities:
- Participating in the IEP/504 process, including collaboratively determining the need for physical therapy as a related service under IDEA or as a reasonable accommodation under Section 504 of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Gathering appropriate information from students, parents, and other team members regarding the child’s functional motor performance in school settings
- Selecting, administering, and interpreting a variety of screening instruments and standardized measurement tools
- Collaboratively with students’ IEP teams, examining and evaluating eligible students’ strengths and needs to establish their ability to participate in meaningful school activities and routines with or without assistance
- Other duties as assigned
Skills / Qualifications:
- Graduate of a school program accredited by the American Physical Therapy Association
- Basic Life Support CPR certification required
- New York Physical Therapy License