School Paraprofessional – Sept Start!
School Paraprofessional - Start in September 2022
Horizon Healthcare Staffing is currently searching for school paraprofessionals to work in Suffolk County, NY school districts. Paraprofessionals provide one to one support services to students under the general supervision of a certified teacher. We have both part time and full-time positions available.
Horizon Healthcare Staffing wants dedicated and hardworking individuals to service children within Suffolk County, Long Island.
2022/2023 School Year – September Start!!
- 1:1 assignments for in school and/or transportation to and from school
- Paraprofessional - school health aide
- Part time and Full-time positions available
- School setting
- School hours – varies
The role of the school-based paraprofessional is to assist with the daily care of one student with emotional, cognitive, physical handicaps, autism or other special needs. Their responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following tasks:
- Reinforcing behavior through the use of positive behavior support
- Teaching daily living skills such as independent feeding, dressing, toileting
- Guiding and assisting student in small group instruction settings with class routines and in transitioning from one activity to the next
- Teaching student, under direction of teacher in the following areas: recreation, motor, vocational, socialization and communication
- Collecting data documenting student behavior for instructional purposes
- Providing language assistance for bilingual students
School Paraprofessional Job Requirements:
- Previous experience in childcare
- High School Diploma or Equivalency
- Good organizational skills
- Good writing skills