RN School Nurse (1:1)
Horizon Healthcare Staffing is searching for a dedicated and compassionate Registered Nurse for a one to one case with special needs students for our schools in Westchester, NY.
If you are an RN Registered Nurse with current or recent experience and are looking to continue with your career with a company that values quality nursing, this is the type of job for you.
Westchester School Nurse Job Details:
The school nurse provides health services for students and staff and act as advocates, liaisons, and consultants on health related issues for students, families and school personnel. They are an integral part of the school program in supporting an optimum physical, mental, emotional and social climate for all students and staff. The services provided by the school nurse include: health care delivery, health counseling, and health program and policy development.
- 1:1 Cases with special needs students (Full-time)
- School Bus Nurse
- Health Office Nurse
RN School Nurse Responsibilities:
- Protecting and maintain student’s health by providing professional nursing services in accordance with Nursing Standards and NYS Licensing.
- Providing NY State-mandated and annual screening programs including vision, hearing, height, weight and scoliosis.
- Facilitating NY State-mandated immunization and communicable disease control requirements.
- Identifying and assessing students’ health needs, implementing services, and evaluating plans of care which impact student learning and achievement or safety.
- Participating as members of the school’s multi-disciplinary team, interpreting medical data and writing objectives for the health component of the IEP and/or 504 plan.
- Acting as liaison between home and school, and community providers for medical issues, including visiting students at home.
- Identifying and reporting school building safety or environmental issues which impact student or staff health to the building administrator.
- Documenting health services provided in accordance with the NYS Nurse Practice Act.
- Maintaining current pertinent health data for each student by periodic review and documentation on the individual student electronic and paper health records.
- Completing student and staff insurance/accident reports.
- Initiating and documenting health surveillance programs as needed and recording, compiling and reporting aggregate student health information as required by NYS Department of Health.
RN School Nurse Job Requirements:
- Nursing Degree
- Registered Nurse in New York
- Eligibility to work in the United States
- At least 1 -2 years experience preferred in your field of nursing practice. (ex, Med/Surg, Critical Care, School Based, Nursing Home, etc.)