Horizon Healthcare Staffing is searching for school nurses - both RNs and LPNs - for various school districts in Nassau County, NY.
The school nurse provides health services for students and staff and act as advocates, liaisons, and consultants on health related issues for students, families and school personnel. They are an integral part of the school program in supporting an optimum physical, mental, emotional and social climate for all students and staff.
Take a look at the positions below. If you are interested in any of theses jobs, apply for this position. A recruiter will contact you shortly after you submit your application.
- School Nurse and Transportation (LPN) - Monday through Friday
- School Nurse only - Monday through Friday
- School Nurse only (LPN)
- Protecting and maintain student’s health by providing professional nursing services in accordance with Nursing Standards and NYS Licensing.
- Providing NY State-mandated and annual screening programs including vision, hearing, height, weight and scoliosis.
- Facilitating NY State-mandated immunization and communicable disease control requirements.
- Identifying and assessing students’ health needs, implementing services, and evaluating plans of care which impact student learning and achievement or safety.
- Participating as members of the school’s multi-disciplinary team, interpreting medical data and writing objectives for the health component of the IEP and/or 504 plan.
- Acting as liaison between home and school, and community providers for medical issues, including visiting students at home.
- Identifying and reporting school building safety or environmental issues which impact student or staff health to the building administrator.
- Documenting health services provided in accordance with the NYS Nurse Practice Act.
- Maintaining current pertinent health data for each student by periodic review and documentation on the individual student electronic and paper health records.
- Completing student and staff insurance/accident reports.
- Initiating and documenting health surveillance programs as needed and recording, compiling and reporting aggregate student health information as required by NYS Department of Health.
- Nursing Degree
- Registered Nurse in New York
- Valid NYS License
- Eligibility to work in the United States
- At least 1 -2 years experience in your field of nursing practice. (ex, Med/Surg, Critical Care, School Based, Nursing Home, etc.)