Are you interested in working as a school nurse with students in public, private, parochial, elementary, and high schools?
We have openings at schools in all Bergen County in Wyckoff NJ. We’re seeking part-time and per diem, 1:1, and transportation nurses. These positions cover any acute care needs in the school; bumps, bruises and bellyaches and are community oriented including providing health information to students, teachers, principals and parents.
Additionally, there may be a need for procedures such as:
- G-Tube Feeding
- Glucose Monitoring & Insulin Coverage
- Epi-Pen Coverage
- Supervision Due to Epilepsy
RN School Nurse Responsibilities:
- Protecting and maintain student’s health by providing professional nursing services in accordance with Nursing Standards and NJ Licensing.
- Providing NJ State-mandated and annual screening programs including vision, hearing, height, weight and scoliosis.
- Facilitating NJ State-mandated immunization and communicable disease control requirements.
- Identifying and assessing students’ health needs, implementing services, and evaluating plans of care which impact student learning and achievement or safety.
- Participating as members of the school’s multi-disciplinary team, interpreting medical data and writing objectives for the health component of the IEP and/or 504 plan.
- Acting as liaison between home and school, and community providers for medical issues, including visiting students at home.
- Identifying and reporting school building safety or environmental issues which impact student or staff health to the building administrator.
- Documenting health services provided
- Maintaining current pertinent health data for each student by periodic review and documentation on the individual student electronic and paper health records.
- Completing student and staff insurance/accident reports.
- Initiating and documenting health surveillance programs as needed and recording, compiling and reporting aggregate student health information
- Substitute School Nurse Certification
- Must be willing to get your New Jersey Department of Education Fingerprints.
- Must have an up-to-date New Jersey Registered Nurse License
- Must be willing to get or have an updated TB and Physical within the year
- Must have an updated CPR card
At least 1 year of Registered Nurse experience