Registered Nurse/Licensed Practical Nurse for 1:1 School Case
Location: Mountainside, NJ
Description: The RN or LPN is responsible for providing 1:1 care for a student throughout their school day as well as during bus transportation. The right candidate will have extensive experience with pediatric developmental disabilities, Trach and Vent care.
Work Schedule: Summer Schedule Monday through Friday starting 7/6, 8:00AM -2:30PM
2021/2022 School Year: Monday through Friday 8:00AM – 2:30PM
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- The RN or LPN will meet the student in Mountainside in the morning and ride the bus to school in Scotch Plains. The RN or LPN will then spend the entire school day with the student and ride the bus back to Mountainside
- Ensure the appropriate level of clinical care based on the doctor's orders and school IEP
- Ensure the safety of the child
- Assist throughout their school day with any medical needs that may arise
- Documentation of daily activity
- Ability to assist in case of an emergency
- Work closely with other school nursing staff and Horizon case managers
- Must have one year of professional experience as an RN or LPN.
- Must have experience with Trach and Vent care
- Active CPR card.
- Experience with 1-1 care a plus!
- Must have or be willing to get fingerprinted for the Board of Education (We reimburse!)