RN / LPN – COVID-19 Vaccine Program
Horizon Healthcare Staffing is currently seeking RNs and LPNs for a COVID-19 Vaccination outreach program located in The County of Middlesex! Middlesex County has a need for: (1) COVID-19 homebound nurse and (2) nurses for their pediatric vaccine program.
The Nurse seeks to protect the community from vaccine preventable diseases by providing immunization services to the general public.
The Nurse assesses the immunization status of clients, administers vaccines, and educates clients and caregivers about immunizations.
Jobs & Hours:
COVID-19 Homebound | provided with a vehicle and another staff member for assistance.
- Monday or Friday, 830am-230/3pm
Pediatric Vaccine Program
- Tuesdays and/or Wednesdays, hours depend on the event/clinic
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meets professional nursing standards and pertinent local, state, and federal requirements Maintains and delivers quality service Sets up individual clinic sites
- Draws up vaccines according to manufacturer's instructions and administers them using safe and proper techniques and a system of double checks to ensure accuracy
- Must have experience with mixing, reconstructing and diluting vaccines
- Disposes of bio-hazardous waste in the appropriate and prescribed manner
- Clinics are scheduled on a first-come, first-serve basis, and are subjective to the nurse's personal schedule. This allows for countless opportunities to pick up extra shifts, hours, and income on a per diem basis.
- Experience administering vaccinations / injections in a fast-paced environment
- Active NJ Registered Nurse (RN) OR Active NJ Licensed practical nurse (LPN)
- BLS certification+ Physical within 1 year
- MUST have the HepB and MMR Vaccines to be medically cleared