RN Clinical Surveyor
New York, NY
$4,000 sign on bonus!
Based in downtown New York City, this individual is responsible for conducting onsite unannounced surveys of Article 28 Diagnostic & Treatment Centers (D&TC) in accordance with Title 10 New York State Code Rules and Regulations. These surveys look at the operation of the facility in whole, including patient care and physical environment concentrating on ongoing facility compliance with the state regulations and standards.
This position is majority travel, will be onsite at facilities in the five boroughs of New York and up to Ulster County. Mileage and accommodation reimbursement provided as well as monthly MetroCard. Non-travel days are based out of the lower Manhattan office.
- Review of critical areas of facility operations (i.e., quality assurance, credentialing, governance, patients’ rights, medical/nursing care services, infection control, etc.) assessments and observation for possible safety issues.
- RN will participate in entrance and exit conference with facility staff.
- Participate in high-level facility inspection, review patient medical records and participate in and/or be responsible for writing Statements of Deficiencies as well as reviewing and responding to Plans of Correction.
- Superior analytical and communication (written and verbal) skills, with the ability to present data and findings to interested parties with varying backgrounds. Must be able to effectively communicate with all personnel including professional staff in D&TC facility and DOH throughout the survey process.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work well with minimal supervision, as well as in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to identify substandard patient care.
- Ability to manage all aspects of a full survey cycle of a project.
- Computer literate with the ability to learn and navigate throughout the survey system.
- The ability to travel (up to 50% of the time) within the five boroughs and up to Ulster County, required.
- NYS Licensed RN, required.
Education and Experience:
- A minimum of three (3) years of recent, acute care experience, required.
- Experience working in primary care clinic setting (Article 28) a plus.
- Graduate of an approved, registered professional nurses training program, required.
- Bachelor’s in Nursing, preferred. Master’s degree in public health, nursing, healthcare administration or related coursework, a plus.