RN Clinical Analyst
Horizon Healthcare Staffing is searching for a Registered Nurse - Clinical Analyst for one of our clients in Nassau County. The RN will provide clinical support for External Quality Review activities, including validation of Performance Improvement Projects, compliance reviews, and focused studies.
- Assist in the development of medical record and case file review data collection tools and instructions and conduct medical record and case file abstraction for focused clinical studies and special projects such as care management audits.
- Participate in refinement of data collection instruments and instructions via alpha testing, beta testing, and other efforts.
- Participate in training and Internal Quality Control (IQC) for medical record reviews
- Validation of MCO Performance Improvement Projects
- Validate MCO reported data (HEDIS, QUARR encounter data) against medical records to support data audit and validation projects.
- Participate in MCO onsite compliance reviews, with anticipated travel approximately 4 to 6 one-week trips annually.
- Assist in analyzing data to identify problem areas for further review.
- Maintain consistent emphasis on customer satisfaction both internal and external to maintain a working quality system and continual improvement.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Relate effectively with medical, technical, analytic and administrative personnel.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Ability to travel to onsite review assignments, both local and out of area/overnight travel.
- Computer proficiency
- Ability to work flexible days and hours when necessary.
- NY Licensed RN
- BSN Preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of clinical care experience, required.