RN – Behavioral Health Hospital
Horizon Healthcare Staffing is seeking a dedicated Registered Nurse to work at a Behavioral Health Hospital in Union County! The hospital is a trusted provider of mental health services, offering evidence-based therapy, psychological and neuropsychological assessment services, psychiatric and medication management services, and services for children.
Schedule: Full-time and Part-time available!
Hours: 7:00am – 3:00pm, 3:00pm – 11:00pm, or 11:00pm – 7:00am
Under direction, participates in the development of, and performs professional nursing duties to carry out the total nursing care plan of the psychiatric patients.
- Administers medications and procedures per established policies and guidelines
- Evaluates and documents patient responses to nursing care and participates in evaluating the delivery of care on the unit
- Demonstrates accuracy in entering medication orders
- Provides appropriate coordination of care and intervention to patients undergoing a psychiatric or medical emergency
- Perform daily chart reviews
- Perform additional duties as assigned
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
- Psychiatric/Mental Health experience is preferred
- Possession of a valid registration as a Registered Nurse in the State of NJ required
- BLS Certification required
- Excellent documentation skills
- Excellent communication and critical thinking skills