Registered Nurse RN - Vaccination Project
Horizon Healthcare Staffing is seeking Registered Nurses (RN) for a COVID-19 Vaccination Project in Nassau County, NY.
The Registered Nurse seeks to protect the community from vaccine preventable diseases by providing immunization services.
The nurse assesses the immunization status of clients, administers vaccines, and educates clients and caregivers about immunizations. There will be an orientation on the first scheduled day.
Start date: January 11, 2021
Schedule: Tuesday through Saturday or Sunday through Thursday
Hours: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Orientation will take place on the Registered Nurse’s first scheduled day. This will be an approximate 30 minutes orientation. There will be about 12 vaccination stations onsite.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meets professional nursing standards and pertinent local, state, and federal requirements
- Maintains and delivers quality service
- Draws up vaccines according to manufacturer's instructions and administers them using safe and proper techniques and a system of double checks to ensure accuracy
- Disposes of bio-hazardous waste in the appropriate and prescribed manner
- 1+ year of experience administering vaccinations / injections in a fast-paced environment
- Must have experience with mixing, reconstructing and diluting vaccines
- Active NY Registered Nurse (RN)
- BLS / CPR certification + Physical within 1 year