This RN will perform onsite surveys of nursing homes inclusive of interviewing facility staff, family and residents while adhering to regulations during the survey process. The Registered Nurse will be responsible for investigating and surveying throughout the 5 boroughs of New York City. The main office is in Manhattan.
- Participate in performing annual certification, re-certification, state monitoring and off hour surveys at nursing homes to assure compliance with Federal and State regulations.
- Investigate all allegations of abuse, neglect, Quality of Care and Resident Rights, as necessary. Assess clinical intervention and evaluate patient responses to care plans including patient interviews; staff interviews; chart reviews; observation of care and assessments of the physical plan to assure that patient care was consistent and appropriate.
- Prepare written reports of investigative findings and prepare Statement of Deficiencies when necessary.
- Participate in conducting emergency surveys at skilled nursing facilities (SNF’s)
- Participate in State monitoring during Immediate Jeopardy situations.
- Strong interpersonal skills are desirable to facilitate positive customer satisfaction in situations that are adverse or in controversy.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to relate effectively to providers, physicians, senior medical and administrative personnel, and residents/patients.
- Ability to travel to on-site facility review assignments.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- NYS Licensed RN and a graduate of an approved, registered professional nursing program, required.
- A minimum of three (3) years of clinical long-term care nursing home experience, required.