Horizon Healthcare Staffing is seeking dedicated and reliable Registered Nurses to work as School Nurses in the Perth Amboy, NJ school district.
As the primary staffing agency for Perth Amboy schools, we are looking for nurses that feel comfortable working with children of all ages. With 16 schools in the district, there are plenty of opportunities for full-time, part-time, and per diem school nurse positions.
Hours and Schedule:
- School schedules run Monday through Friday
- Hours dependent on school placement/grade levels
- Provides first aid care and medically prescribed services.
- Maintains security of school health supplies.
- Serves as a resource person on health issues.
- Screens and conducts health appraisals for students and staff.
- Corresponds with parents on health needs of children.
- Records immunizations, health findings, and other relevant health data.
- Considerable knowledge of medical disorders, treatments, and child growth and development.
- Working knowledge of public health problems and procedures for treatment in coordination with other health and social service agencies.
- Working knowledge of Federal, State, and Local laws and regulations affecting the delivery of school health services.
- Ability to identify abnormal growth and development and symptoms of disease.
- Ability to coordinate and facilitate services between the school, local health agency, and other community resources.
- Ability to develop and maintain health records on students and positive working relationships.
- Other Registered Nurses (RN) duties as assigned
- Must have one year of professional experience as a Registered Nurse
- Active CPR card
- Active New Jersey RN License
- Must be willing to get your New Jersey Department of Education Fingerprints (we reimburse)
- Must be willing to obtain Substitute School Nurse Certificate (we reimburse)