Horizon Healthcare Staffing is currently seeking Correctional Health Registered Nurses to perform services for correctional facilities / jails in Chemung County, NY. In order to be considered for this position, the RN is required to have ambulatory care experience or medical surgical experience. Correctional experience is a definite plus.
Under the supervision of the nurse administrator, the Registered Nurse will plan, provide and supervise nursing interventions for individuals who are incarcerated.
Typical Job Duties:
• Apply appropriate nursing diagnosis and interventions based on an assessment of applicable patient data.
• Administer prescribed medications in accordance with individualized patient treatment plans.
• Perform patient medical treatment per medical orders.
• Provide appropriate patient health screening and teaching.
• Coordinate, assist, and monitor patient chronic health care.
• Document complete professional and appropriate record of patient care.
• Conduct and participate in individualized tele-health patient encounters, communicate appropriate health information to health care providers, implement medical orders and, if necessary, arrange for transportation and transfer of the patient to an arena that will provide a higher level of health care.
• At least 2 years of experience as an RN outside of clinical experience.
• NYS licensed Registered Nurse
• Ambulatory or Med Surg experience
• Correctional background a plus