Horizon Healthcare Staffing, a NY Metropolitan Area leader in School Nursing Services to public and private schools, is seeking a Registered Nurse to add to our internal Case Management staff in our Hicksville, NY Corporate Headquarters.
The successful candidate will have outstanding communication skills, be very organized, and enjoys working on the phone.
The position pays a competitive annual salary plus monthly incentive bonuses (based on previous experience).
This is a full-time position Monday through Friday and includes benefits such as paid vacation, personal and sick days as well as a company medical plan.
This non-clinical role will be responsible for:
- Managing Cases with special needs students in NYC schools
- Functioning as our company liaison for field registered nurses working on 1:1 student cases.
- Coordinating the placement of the nurses onto new assignments.
- Working with our Director of Nursing in managing the charts and quality assurance of the long-term assignments our company services.
- Assisting with training per diem staff in the policies and procedures of the company as well as best practices for working with special needs children.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a NYS Registered Nurse (RN) in good standing
- Have outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Have very good computer skills inclusive of Microsoft Word
- Have a valid NYS drivers license and a car as the position does include periodic travel on Long Island and the boroughs of NYC
- Have at least three years of clinical and business experience.